The EASIEST fitness tip you will ever get!!
Sleep! That’s right; sleep is an essential component of fitness.
The average adult needs eight (8) hours per night.
- Mental and physical resources are rejuvenated.
- Protein synthesis occurs helping build bone and muscle.
- Growth hormone is released allowing the body to repair and regenerate tissue.
Benefits of sleep:
- Makes you more alert
- Improves memory
- Reduces heart attack and stroke
- Helps weight control
- Prevents the common cold
- Repairs cellular damage
But be careful; more sleep is not always better. For adults, sleeping more than nine to 10 hours a night has been associated with weight gain, heart problems, stroke, sleep disorders, depression and other health concerns.
2. Medical University of South Carolina:
Do you have trouble sleeping? Want to know more?
Ask Jay a question or post a comment at the bottom of this blog.