<-- click on the beans
It's NOT so simple.
She starts the article with her bottom line which is deceptively simple and then she goes all around.
Jane's bottom line:
"smoking and many other factors known to influence health and longevity were taken into account, coffee drinkers in the study were found to be living somewhat longer than abstainers."
- The observed benefit of coffee drinking was not enormous
- when the data were adjusted only for age, the risk of death was greater among coffee drinkers
- but when the researchers took into account other health-related characteristics… like…. physical activity and body mass index, those who regularly drank coffee lived longer.
- Limit yourself to TWO (2) cups a day
- Everything in Moderation!