Thursday, July 19, 2012

Hips and Knees

What Joints Are You Talking About?





















Click on the Photo above and check out the words:

I like my bands in business suits, I watch them on TV
I'm working out most everyday and watching what I eat
They tell me that it's good for me, but I don't even care
I know that it's crazy
I know that it's nowhere
But there is no denying that

It's hip to be a square


















Click the picture above and see what Jane Brody is talking about

Jay’s takeaways:
“Thus, the most effective way to prevent arthritis in knees and hips is to lose weight if you’re overweight and to pursue non-impact activities for recreation”.
Dr. Glen Johnson, who reported on arthritis prevention and treatment at the annual meeting of the National Athletic Trainers' Association in June.
The most helpful exercises are those that strengthen the quadriceps (muscles in the front of the thighs), like leg presses, mini-squats and wall squats, and flexion and extension exercises that restore and preserve range of motion, Dr. Johnson said.



And of course Jay adds:
Check with your medical doctor BEFORE you engage in any new physical activity.

Ask any one of the fitness professionals at J’s to show how to do the above and other beneficial leg exercises. Proper technique is essential.



Oh, and the answer to what joints are you talking about:

A. Marijuana cigarette
B. Where two separate pieces of material are bonded together
C. Portions of the anatomy that can move
D. A building or other place
E. Prison or Jail
F. A song esp. rap


From http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=joint
Relief for Joints Besieged by Arthritis - Jane Brody, NYT

No comments:

Post a Comment